POSITION: Mechanical Design Engineer - HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection
LOCATION: Bristol, TN
- Oversees entry-level designers as well as CAD technicians
- Participates in a project design team and client meetings
- Interfaces with other design trades
- Performs site visits to existing facilities for renovation/addition projects to gather information on existing conditions
- Performs HVAC load, estimated energy use, and alternative life cycle cost calculationsProduces mechanical design drawing packages (plans, construction details, controls, life safety)
- Works independently or as part of a project team with other engineers/designers
- Generate project-specific construction specifications using CSI-based templates.
- Generates written reports such as project scope definition, existing system condition assessments, and schematic design narratives
- Performs construction contract administration services, including answering RFI's, review of submittals, and field assessments
- Travels periodically for site visits and client meetings
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 4 - 6 years of experience in commercial, industrial, and institutional mechanical system design (HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection)
- PE or working toward becoming licensed
- Familiar with HVAC loads calculation software such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP
- Ability to produce mechanical design drawing packages with AutoCAD
- Experience with Revit preferred
- Working knowledge of mechanical codes and standards, including ICC, ASHRAE, and NFPA.
- Experience estimating engineering effort for building design projects
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and full benefits.