Requisition Number: BARNE01990
Objectives of this Role
The primary objective of the Cloud System Administrator is to evaluate, implement and manage operations of the Barnes cloud environment, keeping in line with the Barnes digital strategic vision and goals. Responsible for maintaining the production environment that is global, highly integrated, flexible, and scalable platform. The Cloud System Administrator helps align our corporate strategies into tactical cloud solutions that best meets our business needs. This role implements, monitors, and maintains cloud solutions, including major services related to integration, compute, storage, network, and security. This role defines what is needed to be done to implement Microsoft cloud solutions, using written and verbal communication skills to scope, assemble, and propose solutions. This is a hands-on role that can manage, facilitate, and coordinate execution of proposed solutions from conceptual design to online services. This may also require input in the design and development of new service offerings including implementing a new cloud solution and will rely heavily on the ability to use written and verbal communication skills in scoping and proposing the solution. This role also ensures that the operational activities required to manage and administrate the implemented solutions are documented and executed consistently by the IT Support Team to meet security and audit requirements.
Assignment Duration: Initial 8 month assignment but can potential extend based on business needs.
The Cloud System Administrator is a critical role reporting to the Director of IT and will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating new cloud technology, application for cloud technology, and using cloud technology to providing support to various business stakeholders. The Cloud System Administrator will work with members of the global Barnes Group IT team for various functions of development, monitoring, support and administration of the cloud environment.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Maintain close collaboration with internal partners to ensure the operation meets the digital strategy goals and priorities.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Establish standards, tools, and processes to be used within the team and will have the processes in place to guarantee adherence to those standards.
- Demonstrated experience in broad systems architectural skills
- Ability to design the architectures for integrating core infrastructure technologies
- Understand and support the underlying business processes, workflows, data and application platforms that depend on cloud services.
- Collaborate with application development teams to ensure seamless integration within the production environment.
- Install, configure, administer, manage, and support Azure compute instances, Azure Backup, Azure Storage Monitor, snapshot, Azure Storage, VNet, Load Balancers and RBAC.
- Ensure the day-to-day cloud operations meet performance expectations across the organization.
- Take ownership of issues, ensure timely resolution, responsible for communicating with all impacted parties the status and resolution.
- Working at system support level on day-to-day operational issues, requests and project tasks involving various technologies e.g., Azure, Windows server, patching tools, server virtual machine sizing.
- Manage cost of cloud environment, in alignment with defined budget.
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience
Skills, Qualifications & Technical Expertise:
- Strong Networking experience, and hybrid cloud experience
- Experience moving workloads from on premise to IaaS (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Strong Active Directory experience, including Group Policy Administration, Replication and Deployment experience
- DevOps practices and Agile project management
- Must have a hands-on experience of system administration of Windows server-side infrastructure, virtual machines, and associated technologies on physical servers.
- 3+ years of active hands-on experience in cloud services (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience actively implementing cloud solutions and using Azure services.
- High proficiency in written and oral communication for conveyance of cloud solution work products. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Experience with Azure service and Microsoft Server enterprise implementations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Cloud vendor certifications are a plus (Azure, AWS, Google, etc.)
Specific cloud skills:
- Azure Cloud Services
- Single Sign On (SSO)
- Azure AD
- Azure back-up and restore
- Azure Site Recovery
- Deploy and manage Azure resources
- Azure Storage
- Backing-up data and testing of recovery processes
- Configuring long-term archival storage to maintain corporate compliance
- Experience with Azure site recovery and other cloud disaster recovery solutions
- Protecting Azure Active Directory accounts against compromise
- Data encryption (data in transit, at rest, and in use) including
- Reducing the attack surface of all Azure resources
- Monitoring and threat detection/response
- Ensuring protection of personal information (PPI), Intellectual Property (IP), and other requirements as defined by GDPR, ITAR, and other regulatory compliance needs
- Deploy and manage virtual machines (VMs)
- Hyper-V & VMware vSphere
- Deploying VMs into virtual networks
- Configuring VM for optimum cost, performance, and security
- Powershell scripting, deployment automation methods
- Monitor Resources and Log Analytics
- Azure Traffic Manager, Health-Check Monitoring Service, SSL Certificate Management.
- Logging, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Disciplined self-starter who can successfully bring projects and tasks to closure with a minimum of direction, guidance and oversight
- Team player with the ability to effectively interact with clients and peers in a positive, collaborative, and constructive manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to independently prioritize workload and multi-task
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com, click on careers, search for the job posting that you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.