Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant has data from three Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across two indications - Uterine Fibroids and Prostate Cancer) in 2019 and expects data for two Phase 3 trials in Endometriosis in 2020. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director – Medical Affairs Strategic Planning & Operations. The position reports to the Senior Vice President – Medical Affairs. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director, Medical Affairs Strategic Planning & Operations will work with a high-performing team responsible for Medical Strategy, Field Medical, Medical Information and Health Economics, across Women’s Health and Prostate Cancer for Myovant Sciences. This is a leadership role with involvement in strategic planning, general business management, budgeting, systems development and project management, to drive alignment and performance across Medical Affairs and with cross-functional partners.
This is a leadership position within the Medical Affairs team and the candidate will work as an enabler for increased efficiency and speed of execution, to help ensure professional standing and integrity for Medical Affairs. The leader in this position will also be involved in aligning and integrating process and technology efficiencies for Medical Affairs, Medical Information and medical review activities, along with being a champion for modern Medical Affairs operations across the US and Europe for Myovant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Director – Medical Affairs Strategic Planning and Operations, will work directly with the Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs to build a successful and healthy Medical Affairs organization for Myovant Sciences.
- Co-ordinate with the SVP Medical Affairs to ensure cross-functional medical alignment across the US Field Medical team, Medical Information, Medical Managed Markets & HEOR and US & European Medical Strategy teams.
- Support a successful Medical Affairs team through input into the review, outline, and execution on design and improvements to organization structure, knowledge and skills gaps, optimal workflows, and alignment around internal processes for Medical Affairs.
- Provide project and operations management for Medical Affairs to ensure alignment around medical strategy for Women’s Health and Prostate Cancer and facilitate the development of medical plans with clear goals, prioritization of projects, milestones for implementation and monitoring of progress.
- Lead, organize, and manage Medical Affairs critical projects to define and implement changes across our business in conjunction with other functional leaders
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics in close coordination with the Medical Affairs leadership team
- Own and continuously improve Medical Affairs operating cadence (e.g. medical leadership team meetings, quarterly business reviews and leadership offsites).
- Provide support for US and European conferences with activities including medical booths, logistics, materials and staffing
- Support the implementation of medical and promotional review committees for Medical Affairs input and review
- Define and develop appropriate functional processes, standards and policies.
- Create structure and focus for broad, ambiguous ideas that the medical team is exploring and bring forth recommendations for action in a timely manner
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in the US adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- The ideal candidate has both hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: planning & process, product and/or financial planning, organizational change, communications & strategy execution
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a growth company
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface with a wide range of internal employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- High EQ and excellent relationship building and communication skills; ability to work well with executives/senior leadership, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial fast-paced, evolving environment; resourceful and flexible, comfortable with ambiguity and adapting to new challenges with limited resources in a rapidly growing dynamic company
- Self-starter attitude and track record for seamlessly executing quickly on complex projects with minimal guidance
- Highest level of integrity, judgement, and discretion in keeping sensitive information confidential
- A collaborative, can-do attitude; willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Employees across Myovant including Medical Affairs, Research and Development and Commercial functions
- External members of the Physician, Patient and Advocacy communities, associated with Women’s Health and Prostate Cancer
- Scientific or healthcare degree required
- Management and leadership training during career demonstrating an interest in personal growth and an ability to learn across therapeutic areas.
- Minimum of 6 -8 years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical setting with prior Medical Affairs involvement preferred
- At least 4 years of direct experience in a business operations or portfolio management role in a medical or commercial team.
- Experience in both large and small biopharmaceutical companies considered a plus
- Strong organizational skills and experience in business planning, including development of budgets and adherence to performance targets
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with Medical Affairs function.
Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to travel in order to attend key conferences and meetings
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity