About Yerdle Recommerce
Yerdle is a mission-driven company that has been called a “sharing economy powerhouse” by Fortune magazine for its innovative approach to recommerce. We are at the forefront of creating the circular economy by partnering with the world's leading brands to make it easy for them to buy back and resell their items.
Traditional commerce models are tailored to handle large quantities of individual SKUs, but our white-label technology and logistics are specially built to receive, evaluate, photograph, post and fulfill one-of-a-kind items for the secondary market. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 25 times the rate of traditional retail. Not only is it good business, it’s essential for the planet.
We’ve recently launched resale marketplaces Patagonia Worn Wear, REI Used Gear, Eileen Fisher Renew, Taylor Stitch Restitch, and Arc’teryx Rock Solid with a strong pipeline of brands eager to participate in the circular economy.
About the DevOps Engineer Position
At Yerdle, we take pride in putting out a great product built on solid craftsmanship. Our DevOps engineers work very closely with the application teams on infrastructure and automation needs. As a DevOps Engineer you will maintain our AWS infrastructure through code (terraform and ansible), work with partners to wire sites together, automate and build tools to support applications and the team, and provide real-time monitoring of production-load applications.
You will be successful here if you...
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation)
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide criticism
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
As for necessities, you...
- 5+ years professional DevOps or System Administration
- Has worked in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- Has expertise in Amazon Web Services (multiple AWS offerings)
- Experience in automating Linux environments using scripting languages like Python or Bash
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively using Slack or related communication solutions
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and able to change gears and focus depending on team and company priorities
Bonus points if you...
- Know how to work with relational databases at scale
- Experience deploying software builds
- Information Security best practices, particularly in the context of AWS
- Read books, blogs, and attend conferences to improve your craft
- Experience testing microservices
- Experience working with remote software teams
Our warehouse/office is located in Brisbane, CA -- two miles south of San Francisco -- and most exempt employees work onsite one day per week and remotely otherwise.
Yerdle is proud to be an equal opportunity company and is an affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our potential. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.