The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don't hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Brighton area.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Nurse Practitioners and Physicians
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Our Ophthalmic Medical Assistants will specialize in areas that no other department offers, and we are excited to help you grow your skills. Not only will you become proficient with ancillary testing including Humphrey Visual Fields, you will also learn how to prepare patients for Orbital injections and instill dilation drops when appropriate. In addition to these specialized skills and other abilities you already possess as a Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for performing intakes of new patients, prior authorizations for medications, checking patients in and out, blood draws, and ordering and stocking needed supplies.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Same as above with 1 - 3 years of experience
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.