We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
Octopus Energy Services (a brand new subsidiary of Octopus Energy) is building a field force of engineers to install these meters. Octopus Energy has quickly established a reputation for service excellence, mainly through fast and friendly online operations - achieving a 5-star Trustpilot rating and a Which? Recommended energy supplier award for the last 2 years in a row. In fact with Affect Energy and M&S Energy (both Octopus Energy sub brands) 3 of the top 5 positions on Trustpilot for energy supply are taken up with Octopus brands. So we are building a field force that can not only live up to this standard, but also turn it up a notch.
Our group includes Octopus Energy Services, Octopus Energy, M&S Energy, Affect Energy, Octopus Energy Business Solutions and Octopus Electric Vehicles.
We are looking for somebody who understands what it takes to impress our customers. We need someone who can put the customer at the heart of everything we do. You’ll understand the shortfalls of metering as it is today and have a passion for moving energy field services into a new era. You’re always seeing ways to improve things and you’re motivated to work with colleagues to make changes - continuously improving what we do and the way we do it. You’ll track customer feedback; prioritise new developments and ensure that we’re achieving maximum customer impact for the work we do. We also need someone who understands a start up environment.
You’ll also need to ensure that the service we provide is kept within the regulatory frameworks set up to protect customers. You’ll be part of a management team – working closely with the Head of Operations and Head of Field Operations. The role will be wide and varied and will evolve over time.
What you'll do
- Work with Octopus Energy to design the communications content and strategy – monitoring and adapting as we learn
- Be the owner of our branding and visual identity, ensuring it is delivered correctly and with impact across all channels
- Be the customer champion, ensuring the service we deliver leaves our customers truly impressed
- Ensure that our recruitment process is getting the right engineers through the door and that adequate soft skills training is conducted
- Work with the Octopus Energy Tech Team and other 3rd parties to develop solutions that ensure the customer experience is second to none
- Monitor and managing customer satisfaction feedback. Ensuring any shortfalls are addressed and that any lessons that come from this are learnt across the business
- Continually challenging the Operations teams to ensure they are delivering the best experience possible
- Be a member of the senior management team and directly involved with decision making
- Provide customer care support. Ensuring any issues that occur are dealt with swiftly, efficiently and to a standard that exceeds the customers’ expectations.
- Be a brand advocate. Ensuring our culture is reflected throughout the organisation
- Ensure our comms and processes meet the relevant regulatory requirements
What you'll have
- The ability to roll up your sleeves up and get involved – this isn’t a role for a shy strategist or a manager /delegator
- A positive mindset and attitude
- Experience within a Customer Service delivery role with previous experience of leading people
- A flexible mindset - this is key!
- The ability to feel comfortable delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a fast moving start up
What you'll get
- Equity Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme - Employer 5% Employee 3% - you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly free Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch - Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
This role is vital in ensuring these high standards are continually met and exceeded. You will be the customer champion. Your role will be to ensure our service is truly market leading and surpasses the expectations of our customers. You’ll work collaboratively with our operational teams to achieve this and we’ll expect you to challenge the status quo. For many customers, the smart meter installation will be the first face-to-face interaction they have with Octopus Energy, so we need to be on point.
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups. If you this sounds exciting to you and you and you have a genuine passion in the future of sustainability then we'd love to hear from you!