At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an Operations Manager Level 1 to lead the Casting area for the Promontory Utah Value Stream.
As a Propulsion Systems Operations Supervisor (Operations Manager Level 1), you will lead a team of highly skilled OTS (Operations Team Supervisors) and manufacturing technicians to safely provide a quality product on-time and on-cost for various programs. Additionally, you will be responsible for the development of personnel, cross-training, staffing and managing resources to meet production schedules.
- Lead a team of highly skilled OTS and manufacturing technicians to safely provide a quality product on-time and on-cost for various programs
- Maintain a safe work environment (personal and professional)
- Ensure facilities, tooling, planning, materials, and people are available to complete assigned workloads
- Execute day-to-day operations to complete daily production goals in support of business requirements
- Initiate Maintenance Work Orders, Tool Discrepancy Reports, Tooling Change Notices and Facilities Engineering Orders, and track to completion
- Ensure training (e.g., procedures, quality documents, safety, etc.) is complete and effective
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for performance management and corrective action
- Administer and implement corrective actions for mishaps, quality issues, FOD, etc.
- Lead/participate in root cause and corrective action analysis, implementation, effectiveness, etc.
- Utilize performance management and succession planning tools to develop team members
- Ability to read and interpret engineering (e.g., drawings, 3-D models, specifications) and operating procedures
Problem solving skills and ability to apply PES principles to improve process flow and standardization
- Willingness to work flexible and changing shift schedules; day or night shifts, including weekends, if necessary
- Successful history of managing personnel in high energy assignments while promoting a safe and productive environment
- Proven leadership skills and experience with PES improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated use of manufacturing performance measurement tools
- Computer skills: Excel, Access, Power Point, Word
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and five years of experience; or
- Master Degree and three years of experience
- Experience directly or indirectly leading people
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.