At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
The Airframe Supervisor is directly responsible to the Maintenance Operations Manager Hangars ABC and ensures quality aircraft maintenance and modifications in a variety of areas while providing daily leadership and direction to all technicians within the airframe department.
- Plan, give direction, and coordinate activities within the department, and activities in conjunction with other departments, as required
- Assure that the maintenance of all aircraft within the Supervisor's jurisdiction is accomplished and inspected by qualified mechanics
- Ensure all maintenance personnel are adequately and properly trained for their duties and responsibilities.
- Train and assist subordinates in the proper work procedures and practices to be followed
- Assure the department personnel uses the latest revision of required technical data of all articles maintained by the department as determined by the Director of Quality. The data will include manufacturers' overhaul manuals, service bulletins, part specifications, related FAA approved data, and any other technical data
- Assure inspection tools and equipment used by department personnel is in a serviceable working condition and periodic checks and calibration are current
- Ascertain that all necessary maintenance entries on maintenance forms and work orders are properly executed by the responsible technicians
- Assure the quality of work performed by the personnel in the department meets the requirements of all technical data and applicable CFRs
- Order replacement parts and consumable items as necessary for proper shop operation
- Assure the proper handling of all parts while in repair or inspection process throughout the shop and when work is completed
- Assure the preservation of all units or parts during process throughout the shop and when work is completed
- ensure that the maintenance of the department premises is kept in a clear and orderly manner
- Collaborate with management, engineering, quality control, and customers to coordinate work activities to identify and review resource needs for projects
- Assist in producing estimate and actual costs of materials, labor or outside contractors
- Enforce all applicable Dynamic Aviation manuals and programs
- Monitor overall department safety
- Administer annual performance/ 90 day performance reviews for technicians
- Monitor, review, and approve employee time corrections within 24 hours of correction (assigned duty to team leaders if absent)
- Maintain accurate staffing levels for effective and efficient completion of department responsibilities
- Work with HR and manager to correct or reward personnel behavior as needed
- Responsible for meeting departmental on-time and completion goals
- Responsible for creating and maintaining personnel work schedules and employee rosters
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid A&P certificate
- Experience with King Air aircraft is required
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office products
- Previous program or departmental manager experience preferred
- Ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
Job Experience: A&P Mechanic, Supervisor, Planning, Scheduling
It is the policy of Dynamic Aviation to prohibit and eliminate discrimination on grounds of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is also Dynamic Aviation's policy to provide equal employment for all and comply with any affirmative action obligations pursuant to the Federal Executive Orders, 11246 and 11375, as amended.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA , PO Box 7, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America