DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top “Go-To“ Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients' expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation is looking to fill a Driller opening in Bridgeville, PA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate drill rigs and be familiar with basic auguring and sampling procedures.
- Oversee and assure that all drill equipment, support vehicles and drill rigs operated by crew are maintained properly and operated safely by all members of the drill crew.
- Perform daily maintenance checks on all assigned equipment, support vehicles, machinery, tools and drill rigs; and report and document all unsafe conditions, problems or repairs required to equipment to the Drill Shop Mechanic or Drilling Manager as soon as they are discovered.
- Obtain a clear understanding of each work assignment or project from the Drilling Manager, Project Engineer, client or client's representative and make sure that the proper equipment is procured prior to carrying out assignments.
- Make decisions regarding the most effective and efficient method to perform work assignments related to subsurface exploratory sampling and drilling investigations.
- Keep Drilling Manager updated on work in progress on a routine basis.
- Complete a shift report and accurately account for all time and materials used on each project. Have the client or client's representative sign each shift report and submit daily.
- Ensure all personnel working on or around a drilling operation work in a safe manner as required by the “Drilling Safety Guide Book“ by the National Drilling Foundation.
- Travel and stay out-of-town at project sites as needed.
- Notify Drilling Manager of any emergency situations as soon as possible.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 1 or more years experience as a Driller's Helper.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and MVR checks.
- Class A CDL license & 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response training (HAZWOPER) preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift 75lbs
- Able to perform manual labor in inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to travel and stay out-of-town as required
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.