Requisition Number: OPERA01244
JP Mascaro & Sons is a locally owned and operated private family owned company who has been experiencing record growth and success. In 1964, it started with one truck. We have grown into one of the largest most successful fully integrated solid waste companies serving the mid-Atlantic area.
For over 40 years, our motto has been “If it's service, it's us“. We cannot meet the goals of our company if we do not satisfy our customer's needs first. Our existence is dependent upon them. Our employees are our greatest asset. We invest in the growth and success of our employees. Come join our team!!
- Sets up and/or approves the daily schedule and allocates manpower and equipment to attain the highest possible level of customer service in the most cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for the training of all drivers, laborers and supervisors in the policies, procedures and customer service goals of the company.
- Ensures all drivers, driver’s helpers, dispatchers and supervisors properly represent the company in the daily conduct of their duties.
- Responsible for ensuring proper recognition and/or disciplinary action, when warranted, is issued in a timely manner in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, and for ensuring positive morale.
- Anticipates service problems and develops contingency plan(s) to handle the same.
- Responsible for route design and efficiency.
- Responsible for complying with D.E.R., OSHA and D.O.T. rules and regulations.
- Responsible for creating and summarizing daily, weekly, and monthly operational reports.
- Assist in the development and delivery of safety and quality assurance programs.
- Assist the General Manager in budget preparation.
- Project and maintain a positive image with peers, subordinates, customers and community in all situations.
- Continuously improve customer satisfaction by providing outstanding customer service, reducing/eliminating missed pick-ups, late pick-ups, and substandard employee performance/behavior.
- Interviews employee candidates, recommends individuals for hire, ensure proper orientation and training.
- Responsible for ensuring the facilities and equipment are maintained in accordance with company standards.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Sales in planning, and establishing marketing plans and objectives.
- Ensures that all company employees properly represent the company.
- Growth of the division through seeking and obtaining new business, and through retention of current customers.
- Acts as liaison to all customers, municipalities and districts serviced.
- Holds ultimate responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the division.
- Responsible for planning and controlling operations to ensure daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly operational goals are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for ensuring all required reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring 100% environmental compliance standards are met.
- Responsible for ensuring 100% DOT compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of personnel and that OSHA standards are met.
- Responsible for planning and controlling all equipment and maintenance needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the facilities are maintained in accordance with company standards.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate personnel staffing is maintained in order to service all accounts in an efficient manner, to include hiring, training, and development of employees.
- Reviews and approves all purchases for the division.
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures, and local, state, and federal regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence to the operational and financial plan of the division.
- Responsible to ensure the monthly budget is met.
- Responsible for each line of business for profitability.
- Responsible for accounts receivable, collections, and billng.
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting as required by the corporate accounting department.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 3 years supervisor experience; or
- An associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 5 years supervisor experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience in supervising waste routes is extremely desirable.
- Experience in managing a transfer station operation is a plus.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to bend, stop, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Have a valid CDL “B” license.