1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Painter is responsible for the preparation painting industrial pumps and accessory equipment. The Painter is also responsible for the preparation and use of the correct paint mixtures to insure proper paint adhesion and overall appearance.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Comply with XDS and OSHA safety standards, procedures and regulations, including daily attendance of safety/tool box meetings.
- Move equipment in and out of preparation and paint booth areas using a forklift.
- Accurately prepare paint to ensure proper adhesion.
- Inspect equipment to ensure surfaces have been properly prepared prior to applying electrostatic paint.
- Properly store or dispose of unused paints or solvents.
- Clean, maintain and inspect painting equipment after each use
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 1 - 3 years of industrial painting experience
- Auto body, paint shop or vocational technical center experience preferred
- Ability to properly operate electrostatic paint application equipment
- General knowledge of safety equipment including respirators
- Ability to maintain paint equipment
- General knowledge of paint booth equipment and proper housekeeping procedures
- Ability to operate and use basic hand tools
- General mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate fork lifts
- Ability and willingness to follow directions and be a team player
- Ability to work independently as needed
Specialized Knowledge Required Forklift certification preferred
- Knowledge of paint mixing, solvents and corrosion control
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing eight (8) hours per day
- Using full range of physical motions associated with general labor work throughout the eight (8) hours to include walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying/ lifting and climbing (up to 3 feet)
- Manual lifting and maneuvering up to 50 pounds
- Machine assisted lifting (forklifts/cranes) exceeding 50 pounds
- Work using personal protective equipment, including breathing apparatus
- Comply with annual OSHA respirator fit testing requirements (must be tested annually)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.