Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Hartford HealthCare Access Center is the central access point for scheduling which will provide timely, accurate, friendly, and clinically appropriate access to Medical Group and other ambulatory services. The primary role of the Patient Access Liaison is to respond to incoming correspondence from patients, caregivers, healthcare workers, and beyond, in accordance with patient privacy and safety standards, with the primary goal of scheduling office visits and handling related inquiries. The Access Center is committed to meeting, exceeding and anticipating the needs of patients and team members will perform their duties with a high level of compassion and service to patients and internal customers.
- Delivers exceptional customer and brand experience. Answer incoming phone calls (or other communication channels) or making outbound calls striving for first-call resolution for Primary Care appointment scheduling, canceling, rescheduling, patient registration and documentation. Corresponds with clinical operations and/or providers as necessary. Transfers calls as appropriate to clinical team members. Handles complaints and escalations.
- Follows call processing guidelines with a high level of accuracy. Identify patient/customer needs, clarify information, research issues, and provide solutions for Primary Care scheduling at first contact. Document appropriately and professionally in various applications, for appointment notes, telephone encounters, messages, call dispositions.
- Continuously improves own performance through training & coaching, accesses and responds to feedback provided through the quality monitoring tool and productivity reporting.
- Trains on, participates in testing, and utilizes other software/technologies as they relate to quality, monitoring, telephony, health records, etc., as well as new capabilities and technologies.
High school diploma/GED equivalent OR a minimum of 2 years customer service experience
1 YEAR Customer Service Experience
Medical Field Preferred
Medical Terminology Training
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Must be able to complete competency assessment.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening English communication skills.
- Consistent commitment to the Access Center environment which is rooted in culture and values and reflect this commitment thru the demonstration of its expected behaviors.
- Infectious “customer first“ attitude.
- Empathy for the patient/customer.
- Strong complex problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility and ability to switch tasks frequently.
- Have passion in serving patients and thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.