Check Application Status Current HHC Employees
- Primary Care
- Medical Subspecialties
- Hospital Medicine and Emergency
- Physician Leadership
- Advanced Practitioners
- Nurses & Nursing Support
- Graduate Nurses
- Experienced Nurses
- Student Nurses
- Nursing Support
- Clinical Professionals
- Professional & Administrative
- Support Services
- Behavioral Health
- All Locations
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Backus Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- MidState Medical Center
- Windham Hospital
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
- St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Behavioral Health
- Institute of Living
- Natchaug Hospital
- Medical Group
- Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Rehabilitation Services
- Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
- Senior Services
- Hartford HealthCare Senior Services
- Homecare Services
- Hartford HealthCare at Home
- Independence at Home
- Join Our Talent Network
- Check Application Status
- Current HHC Employees
- Follow Us
Keyword Location Join Our Talent Network
View all jobs
Join our Talent Network
Recreational Therapist - Rehab Administration
St. Vincent's Medical Center
Apply Now >
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Job Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 24
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: rotating days, evenings and every other weekend. Rotating holiday coverage.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
- Develops and implements activity therapy treatment plans.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes recreational/leisure therapy treatment goals.
- Evaluates each patient's progress and the effectiveness of recreational/leisure therapy interventions.
- Coordinates therapeutic recreational/leisure activities for both large and small groups. Observes patient response and encourages socialization.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic recreational/leisure activities in the community.
- Facilitates activity and therapy group based programming in accordance with patient's treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in planning processes and clinical programming based on evidence based initiatives.
- Work closely with attending psychiatrist and other members of the treatment team to initiate and implement treatment plan specific to the needs and goals of each patient.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Masters Degree in therapeutic recreation, art therapy, movement therapy, music therapy, social work, counseling, or other related human service field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in behavioral health particularly inpatient, required (internship experiences applicable.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.