Check Application Status Current HHC Employees
Keyword Location Join Our Talent Network
View all jobs
Join our Talent Network
Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Radiology
St. Vincent's Medical Center
Apply Now >
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
Position Summary: Performs nuclear medicine therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radio-pharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Appropriately responds to any emergencies related to radioactive materials
- Maintain and follow accreditation protocols and procedures, work with management to maintain accreditation
- Maintain JCAHO standards as determined
- Assure appropriateness of procedure by reviewing the radiology order placed prior to performing exam. Should be able to explain procedure to the patient for their safety and comfort during exams
- Able to perform on all age groups from infant to adult/geriatric
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration (Required):
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nuclear Medical Tech specializing in Nuclear Medicine credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Must have NMTCB or ARRT certification
- Certified Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Must have NMTCB or ARRT certification
Education: Associates Degree in an Allied Health program relating to Nuclear Medicine or completion of a one year course of study in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
Work Experience: Minimum one year experience in Nuclear Medicine Technology Imaging, preferably w/ lead experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.