Check Application Status Current HHC Employees
- Primary Care
- Medical Subspecialties
- Hospital Medicine and Emergency
- Physician Leadership
- Advanced Practitioners
- Nurses & Nursing Support
- Graduate Nurses
- Experienced Nurses
- Student Nurses
- Nursing Support
- Clinical Professionals
- Professional & Administrative
- Support Services
- Behavioral Health
- All Locations
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Backus Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- MidState Medical Center
- Windham Hospital
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
- St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Behavioral Health
- Institute of Living
- Natchaug Hospital
- Medical Group
- Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Rehabilitation Services
- Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
- Senior Services
- Hartford HealthCare Senior Services
- Homecare Services
- Hartford HealthCare at Home
- Independence at Home
- Join Our Talent Network
- Check Application Status
- Current HHC Employees
- Follow Us
Keyword Location Join Our Talent Network
View all jobs
Join our Talent Network
Clinical Risk Manager (RN, JD)
Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Apply Now >
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Risk Manager reports directly to Hartford Healthcare's System Director of Risk Management. Under the direction of the Director will have responsibility for the support development, implementation and coordination of the risk management and patient safety program(s) of Hartford Healthcare's Hartford Region.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supports and facilitates the development of the risk management/patient safety programs of the above selected areas through the implementation of national risk management best practices.
- Assembles reports and documents for the System Director as requested
- Supports affiliate staff with day to day risk management activities, complaint and incident management
- Develops risk management processes to identify, assess, monitor, reduce and control key risks to selected affiliates and Hartford Healthcare.
- Ensures compliance with legal reporting requirements for Hartford Healthcare.
- Conducts or assists in investigations of patient, visitor and staff occurrences. Gathers and coordinates information, materials, documents, reports and evidence in response to these investigations. Maintains appropriate documentation of investigative reports.
- Assists in responding to discovery requests
- Revises procedures, policies and consents in accordance with best practices
- Assists in the management of claims and lawsuits against the organization, and physicians insured under the program by conducting a thorough investigation of the alleged event, including reporting and working with the System Director, claims personnel and legal counsel as indicated.
- Monitors patient, visitor and staff incidents for trends, analyzes data to identify areas of potential liability. Makes recommendations to System Director for formal risk assessments.
- Assists with management of legal correspondence and subpoenas.
- Assists outside counsel in the scheduling of employee interviews, depositions.
- Implements and monitors defined performance metrics to monitor total cost of risk and other key performance indicators.
- Assists and supports designated affiliate staff with regulatory investigations and surveys
- Directs, facilitates and oversees the investigation and management of adverse events.
- Supports the organization in regulatory and licensure investigations
- Facilitates risk management education initiatives across key areas
- Supports and facilitates the patient safety program(s) and initiatives, tracks and trends incidents, identify opportunities for improvement and implement process improvements.
- Develops, supervises and facilitates communication, education, and process improvement initiatives based on best practices and adverse events investigations/trends to minimize the likelihood of recurrence.
- Coordinates medical risk management education program for designated affiliates.
- Facilitate/participates in root cause analysis processes as indicated
- Investigates adverse events for determination of whether reportable to the state Department of Public Health and/or other regulatory authority. File statutory reports as indicated.
- Develop, supervise, educate patient safety activities/initiatives
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required
Juris Doctorate strongly preferred
5 years Healthcare Risk Management experience in acute care and behavioral health settings. . Extensive experience working with state regulatory agencies. Experience in medical malpractice claims and personal injury litigation
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Connecticut
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.