Project Engineer - Bridgeport
USG’s Project Engineer position is an entry-level assignment. It is a ‘hands-on' training assignment with immediate responsibility, including “troubleshooting“ plant engineering or production problems, researching and utilizing opportunities to enhance operations, and implementing capital expenditures programs for new or modernized facilities and equipment. Additionally, project engineers sometimes serve as supervisors, which provides firsthand experience in managing employees. This position is designed to provide the incumbent with broad manufacturing exposure for positions of greater responsibility. Project engineers report to plant production or engineering managers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in the monitoring and execution of the plant safety program.
2. Prepares and follows to completion all assigned capital authorities and job sheet requests. Trains external contractors on plant safety procedures. Supervises external contractors on the completion of work.
3. Utilizes technical training to advise and design various engineering solutions as required by reliability and operating departments.
4. Assists department managers with various facility preparation and planning efforts to support daily operations. Completes administrative tasks as needed for the position.
5. Works with existing project engineers and other plant personnel to administer plant policies and support plant facility maintenance and operating departments in planning and implementing major routine, non-routine, and infrastructure expenditures.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering required
Years of Experience
- Co-op/intern experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), and decision-making skills to work with a diverse team
- Must have a high level of organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Must be a self-starter, detailed-oriented, and have the ability to work both independently and within a team to meet deadlines
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Must have abilities to operate within a planned budget and manage costs within established goals
- Must be willing to relocate for advancement opportunities with the company
EOE including disability/veteran