· Each Teacher Assistant is directly responsible for the welfare, activities and
program delivery of the students they are scheduled to work with.
· Daily work assignments and schedules are coordinated by the Classroom
· Focus on creating positive outcomes for students who have trouble learning, or
become frustrated easily unless learning opportunities are presented at their
level and their efforts are continually reinforced.
· Reinforce desired behavior in students, and follow the behavior plan; model
appropriate social behavior and work attitudes.
· Complete situation reports, restraint forms, and accident reports as needed.
· Implement behavior plans, IEP goals and document behavior data.
· Inform teacher, clinicians and team members of student concerns.
· Care for the equipment and supplies in the classroom and recommend
purchases for needed supplies to the teacher.
· Follow all guidelines for building security and parking regulations; participate in
· Drive an agency van for class trips as requested or assigned (with valid driver’s
license and approval).
· During summer session, will accompany students in the pool during scheduled
· Other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Principal/Assistant
Experience required: Preferred OMRDD experience. Valid Driver’s license preferred.
Education: High School Diploma.
AA or BA preferred.
Behavior Management will be required.
Special Skills: Ability to work with children with multiple disabilities.
Must meet the requirements for New York
State Teacher Assistant Certification