The escort is responsible to perform the following duties;
- Escort residents on appointments to outside medical facility.
- Ensure safety and proper supervision of residents at all times. Escort is responsible to know all Ottilie policies relating to supervision.
- Ensure that proper medical referral forms and prescriptions/Dr.’s orders (where applicable) are completed and returned to Ottilie R.T.F.
- Arrange for routine annual dental and medical appointments, and various clinical appointments and diagnostic procedures, as per physician’s orders when directed by Nursing Staff.
- Escort is responsible to adhere to Ottilie Vehicle Procedure including but not limited to:
- keep registrations and inspection current for Infirmary car.
- report mechanical difficulties to Director of Nursing.
- Follow up with oil change/vehicle cleaning according to the facility’s schedule.
- Responsible for completing incident report forms as indicated.
- Responsible for any violation/traffic tickets.
Performs all other duties as assigned
v Escort is accountable to Director of Nursing.
v Works cooperatively with all members of the staff.
v Works cooperatively with community, medical and health facilities. May call for community assistance (911) in emergency situations.
Respects rights and needs of residents
This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer