$2500.00 Medical Assistant Sign-on bonus available
POSITION SUMMARY: provide support to medical practitioners providing patient care services in an ambulatory setting. Responsibilities include both clinical and administrative duties necessary to provide quality patient care in a medical group practice setting. Some of the duties include but are not limited to: assisting providers with procedures, conducting follow up with patients on lab and test results, rooming patients, obtaining ECG's, preloading and confirming office appointments.
The successful candidate will be hired at a level commensurate with licensure and/or certification
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
MEDICAL ASSISTANT requirement(s):
- High school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program and externship (6 months of MA experience accepted in lieu of externship hours) OR current student of Medical Assistant program which includes an externship. If not nationally certified AMT, RMA, NCMA or CCMA) then must obtain Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) within 6 months of hire
- No formal Medical Assistant program completed and five (5) years' experience as a Medical Assistant and AMT, RMA, NCMA or CCMA certification required.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT requirement(s): All requirements listed above AND current AAMA, AMT, RMA, NCMA or CCMA certification
EXPERIENCE PEFERRED FOR ALL POSITIONS:
- Prior experience with diabetes pumps, continuous glucose monitoring downloads and glucose meter downloads
- Prior experience working with Centricity
- Direct patient care in a health care facility.
- Ambulatory medical office setting
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED: Current CPR certification. Ability to obtain accurate vital signs and patient histories, vision and hearing screening, and ECGs. Competent in use of computer software.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Flexibility, dexterity, visual acuity, hearing acuity, able to work sitting at work station, using keyboard, working in front of a video display monitor, moderate walking throughout facility. This individual must be able to lift approximately 15 pounds unassisted. Reaching and stretching intermittently are required for assisting patients in the ambulatory setting. The CA must possess the degree of total body strength and flexibility necessary to assist patients with transfers and mobility. The CA must be able to lift approximately a 200 lb patient with the help of several other health care workers. Patients are assisted in ambulating from the waiting room to exam rooms and back. Portable O2 tanks are lifted onto racks from the floor to stretchers or wheel chairs. The CA must possess the degree of respiratory volume and upper body strength to perform CPR and other patient care treatments. They must be able to stretch, reach, and retrieve equipment from supply carts and to bend to reach equipment stored below the waist.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Busy, often stressful, ambulatory setting providing direct patient care to all age patients.