Requisition Number: DIREC10172
The Director of Network Services is responsible for the execution of the Network Services function including: Network Architecture, Engineering and Operations, Telephony and End User Experience to ensure optimal network design and security of all systems. This position will partner with IT colleagues, business partners, vendor resources and other contracted resources to ensure the global network services team delivers best practices, continuous improvement, and network services meets business expectations.
GEODIS is one of the world’s largest leading Supply Chain Operators! At GEODIS, we create with you an infinite amount of career opportunities. As a GEODIAN, you will work hands on with products from hundreds of customers in different industries – retail, healthcare, technology, and more – all within our warehouse distribution centers located globally.
No matter what position you’re in – you will find yourself contributing to the success of your career and our customers.
The points below highlight the Director of Network Services duties:
- Plans, designs and implements of network infrastructure policies, practices, and standards to ensure effective and consistent network processing operations while safeguarding all networked data/information
- Partners with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on IT processes and systems
- Manages redundancy of all systems consistent with defined D.R. and other plans
- Manages the budget by analyzing the costs, value and risks of network technology; including building or buying decisions advisement with executive leaders
- Ensures efficient function and constant uptime of the Network systems and applications
- Oversight of patch management program
- Maintains network hardware inventory and software licenses renewals and/or procurement
- Change management agent on network infrastructure changes in accordance with enterprise architecture standards to ensure continued business achieved standards
- Manages the performance, capacity planning and monitoring of key service delivery channels
- Develops effective solutions to serve internal and external customers
- Duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a 4-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of increasing management experience with Network and Infrastructure technologies
- Experience with contract, vendor, and financial management within a dynamic, aggressive growth company
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance standards
- Knowledge of 3rd party logistics, transportation systems, and/or warehouse management is preferred
- Knowledge of leading industry technologies with a strong comprehension around data circuits, core network, wired and wireless networking, SD-WAN and ACI
- Knowledge of project planning/methodologies and the technological usage/alternatives available in a multi-platform environment
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.