Associate Account Manager
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resource.
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement plan services to organizations of all sizes. By offering this range of services, we are able to help clients eliminate the inefficiencies associated with the use of multiple vendors. Ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER), we have approximately 1,500 professionals in 75 offices nationwide. Clients in a wide array of industries rely on us for national-caliber expertise and technical depth combined with high personalized, local service.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Provide service delivery as delegated by senior staff.
- Resolve customer service problems that are basic and routine and solved by application of procedures or guidance, or referred on to others for resolution.
- Build relationships with employer/group clients (not individual members) and assist senior staff in the delivery of day-to-day service delivery.
- Assist senior staff with implementing client systems, completing projects and addressing ongoing service needs.
- Escalate client concerns when appropriate
- Inputs data into appropriate software for vendors/carriers/clients within required timeframe
- Coordinate employee communications for enrollment
- Assist senior staff with the participation of new client set-up, renewals and open enrollment meetings
- Establish and preserve a solid business rapport with clients and vendors
- Ensure that all internal controls and procedures are followed
- Generate client interest in additional lines of coverage
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Less than 3 years customer service experience in the insurance industry required
- Must maintain current required licenses and certifications relevant to field of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Effective customer service skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Ability to work in team environment as well as independently
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION