Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Welder Helper position in the Small Parts department. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will, while working under the direct supervision of the Departmental Supervisor/Lead person located in the Texas>Brenham location, assist with the moving and placing of material and product at predetermined places by means of overhead cranes and forklifts. This person will rework component parts by grinding and/or welding to blueprint specifications. Additionally, you will…
- Comply 100% with PPE requirements and actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
- Clean and grind parts as needed, straighten poles to required tolerances, and cut metals to predetermined sizes and tolerances.
- Use common shop manufacturing math to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing fractions and conversion of decimals
- Determine the center of an object using basic measuring skills and shop mathematics
- Perform operator preventative maintenance on overhead crane, forklift, and welding/ cutting equipment
- Safely use overhead crane to properly position product for welding or grinding
- Comply with direction from Shop Supervisor and Lead Person
- Perform routing machine operations such as feeding or unloading a machine; and assisting worker by holding materials or tools.
- Pass a 1G v-groove weld test using GMAW and maintain certification
- Safely operate band saw for cutting tubular product according to drawing
What it takes
- Must be able to pass Valmont endorsed 1G flat weld certification test
- Six months of previous hands-on welding experience in a professional environment
- Must be proficient at math to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing fractions and conversion of decimals
- Must be able to accurately read a measuring tape
- Maintain high awareness for safety at all times
- Read, write, and/or speak English
- Must be able to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Current Valmont endorsed 1G flat weld certification
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- One year of previous hands-on welding experience in a professional environment
- American Welding Society (AWS) welding certification from a recognized school
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].