We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Supply Chain Transformation Operational Excellence Leader in Breinigsville, PA or Cincinnati, OH.
Boston Beer Company is embarking on a project to optimize our operations, significantly increase capacity, and develop the flexibility to meet the growing demand of our diverse portfolio of products. This will be a 2-3 year journey to bring processes, skill sets, and tools to the hands of all our brewery team members. We are looking for the right mix of energy, skills, experience, and drive to complete this journey with the highest of quality.
The Operational Excellence leader is a strategic leadership role at the organizational level. This role will lead the implementation of the vison and strategy for Industrial Performance, Manufacturing Excellence and Lean methodologies at the Boston Beer Company. This person will work closely along side the Manufacturing Pillar Leader to develop the strategy then turn it into tactical execution. They will do this by partnering with the Factory Managers and through developing the Site Operational Excellence Leaders to ensure the roadmap is implemented.
This team will design, train and coach the systems and processes necessary to drive operational excellence. This scope will have three main workstreams:
- Industrial Performance—Linking manufacturing performance to financial performance
- Manufacturing Excellence—Creating optimize work processes both internally and externally to the factory
- Lean Implementation—Implementing Total Performance Maintenance (TPM)
What You'll Do:
- Provides leadership by driving organizational change, cultivating relationships, putting staff in a position to succeed, building effective matrixed teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals, driving engagement and creating a climate where the staff is motivated to do their best.
- Consults on strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future capabilities, processes and systems across the manufacturing portion of the supply chain.
- Leads team in the implementation of the strategic plan at our Breweries by partnering with the Factory Managers and developing the Site-level Operational Excellence Leaders
- Manufacturing Pillar: All BBC Owned Breweries, Co-manufacturing, Co-packing – Quality, Safety, Attainment, Manufacturing Execution System (MES), TPM/Lean Principles
- Responsible for properly balancing the need for good business processes and skills with systems and tools. Also, responsible to be an unbiased leader in representing and supporting the needs of all team members: Business, IT, full time employees, temporary employees, contractors, or consultants.
- Responsible to bring forward major decisions and issues for escalation to the Pillar Leader
- Works collaboratively across the matrixed organization and implementation partners
- Responsible for structuring and managing proper implementation timelines, resourcing plans, and costing
- Develop and maintain tools, systems, procedures for lean programs, with an emphasis on problem solving, continuous improvement, and value stream mapping.
- Partners with our Finance Business Partners to ensure manufacturing performance is clearly tied to financial performance.
- Train and coach all levels and function in lean principles and their application
- Monitor brewery performance and analyze data to identify focused opportunities for reducing costs and improving productivity, utilization, and quality
- Optimize employee engagement in all lean programs
- Identify and deliver quality improvements as part of the continuing assessment process
- Ability to apply lean practices to speed material flow, drive out waste and reduce inventory
- Identity techniques to document, analyze and improve the flow of information or materials required as part of the production process
- Apply the 5S system of lean to manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Improve the effectiveness of communication and reaction through the use of visual management (MES, white boards and productivity signals).
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) critical to ensuring project team has the performance data needed to sustain improvements against established goals.
- Leverage relationships with front line workers to achieve and sustain lean initiatives.
- Travel across locations up to 75% based on location
- What We're Looking For:Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study of Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business Management required
- Master’s in Engineering or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years across progressive roles in manufacturing and supply chain direct-leadership, preferably within food and beverage
- Proven ability with implementing lean processes at the factory level
- Proven ability with large-scale change management
- Proven ability to promote the adoption of standardized processes and systems
- Proven ability to foster a collaborative work environment across the supply chain and full business
- Proven track record of learning, designing, and implementing good business process and systems
- Proven track record in leading continuous improvement initiatives resulting in sustained results and embedded behaviors across complex manufacturing environments
- Knowledge and experience with TPM Steps 1-7
- Direct Leadership of both Operations and Maintenance/Reliability Departments
- Six Sigma certification (Black Belt, Green Belt)
- Experience in consumer-packaged goods industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the supply chain planning process
- Workfront system knowledge and use a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.