We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people. We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next Supply Chain Transformation Maintenance & Reliability Leader in Breinigsville, PA or Cincinnati, OH.
Boston Beer Company is embarking on a project to optimize our operations, significantly increase capacity, and develop the flexibility to meet the growing demand of our diverse portfolio of products. This will be a 2-3 year journey to bring processes, skill sets, and tools to the hands of all our brewery team members. We are looking for the right mix of energy, skills, experience, and drive to complete this journey with the highest of quality.
The Maintenance and Reliability Leader is a strategic leadership role at the organizational level. This role will develop the vision and strategy for a world-class asset maintenance and reliability program across all our Breweries. The role will define corporate-wide reliability maintenance planning requirements and key performance indicators (KPIs) in the areas of asset reliability; maintenance costs; water and energy conservation; spare parts management; and technical staff development. They will partner with the Brewery Maintenance Managers in the tactical execution of this strategy by focusing on people, processes and systems.
A key focus of this role will be evaluating and modernizing current work practices; properly structuring and defining all roles in the maintenance organization; organize and define asset structures and criticalities; and establish robust processes between the back-office and maintenance department.
The Leader partners with the Supply Chain Transformation Manufacturing Pillar Leader and Operational Excellent Leader by envisioning and building a path to future requirements for the growth in volume. This leader is well-versed in the TPM methodology and builds the organizational-level skills and capabilities necessary to support the Brewery maintenance teams in this journey.
This role brings financial discipline and stewardship to the maintenance organization by implementing best practices for spare-parts inventory; inventory control practices; work-order process and approvals and zero-based budgeting. They consult heavily with their IT-business partners on requirements for next-generation ERP systems.
They invest heavily in our people, by partnering with our internal Learning and Development Pillar and defining necessary functional, technical, and business skills. They help organize and grow talent by consulting on and guiding proper career development of the technical staff and leadership. Knowledge is captured, documented, and archived to create a sustainable base of knowledge. Partner with Engineering leadership team on delivery and integration of CAPEX Projects at the brewery-level. 50 % - 60% travel dependent upon location
What You'll Do:
- Provides leadership by driving organizational change, cultivating relationships, putting staff in a position to succeed, building effective matrixed teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals, driving engagement and creating a climate where the staff is motivated to do their best.
- Develops strategic vision and strategy for maintenance and reliability; partners with Brewery Maintenance Managers on the tactical execution of that strategy.
- Defines KPIs and other indicators of success for a world-class maintenance and reliability organization.
- Evaluates and consults on ERP system requirements
- Envisions and brings to life Industry 4.0 and IoT capabilities that will accelerate performance and lower complexity and bureaucracy.
- Partners with the Operational Excellence Leader to launch a TPM way-of-working at Breweries and creating friendly systems for our front-line staff.
- Establishes policies, procedures, and systems for robust fiscal controls within maintenance organization. Areas of focus and attention are on spare-parts management and inventory control; development of zero-based budgeting for annual maintenance budgets; and an efficient Work Order management process.
- Responsible for properly balancing the need for good business processes and skills with systems and tools. Also, responsible to be an unbiased leader in representing and supporting the needs of all team members: Business, IT, full time employees, temporary employees, contractors, or consultants.
- Responsible to bring forward major decisions and issues for escalation to the Manufacturing Pillar Leader
- Works collaboratively across the matrixed organization and implementation partners
- Responsible for structuring and managing proper implementation timelines, resourcing plans, and costing
- Develop and maintain tools, systems, procedures for lean programs, with an emphasis on problem solving, continuous improvement, and value stream mapping.
- Partners with our Finance Business Partners to ensure manufacturing performance is clearly tied to financial performance.
- Train and coach all levels and function in lean principles and their application
- Monitor brewery performance and analyze data to identify focused opportunities for reducing costs and improving productivity, utilization, and quality
- Identify and deliver quality improvements as part of the continuing assessment process
- Identity techniques to document, analyze and improve the flow of information or materials required as part of the production process
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study of Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business Management Required
- Master’s in Engineering or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years across progressive roles in manufacturing and supply chain direct-leadership, preferably within food and beverage
- Proven ability with implementing lean processes at the factory level
- Proven ability with large-scale change management
- Proven ability to promote the adoption of standardized processes and systems
- Proven ability to foster a collaborative work environment across the supply chain and full business
- Proven track record of learning, designing, and implementing good business process and systems
- Proven track record in leading continuous improvement initiatives resulting in sustained results and embedded behaviors across complex manufacturing environments
- Ability to indirectly influence to create organizational change
- Knowledge and experience with TPM Steps 1-7
- Direct Leadership role of both Operations and Maintenance/Reliability Departments
- Six Sigma certification (Black Belt, Green Belt)
- Experience in consumer-packaged goods industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the supply chain planning process
- Workfront system knowledge and use a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Maintenance and Reliability Professional certification a plus
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.