Job Title: Molding Machine Operator- 2nd Shift
Reports To: Assistant Lead, Lead, Supervisor or Production Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/ Hourly
Supervise the work of others: No
Overtime: As required
Schedule: Monday-Friday 3:45pm - 12:15am; positions start at $14.50 per hour
Operates injection molding machines according to specific schedules and procedures. Prepares mold inserts and reviews molded component integrity. New, air-conditioned building, where employees work in a seated position in a clean and sterile environment!
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned
- Remove molded components from the mold once the machine has finished its cycle
- Prepare cores and mold for next cycle
- When applicable test parts during machine cycle to predetermined specifications
- Inspect parts for overall integrity while machine is cycling
- Maintain quality and efficiency standards
- Use of manual and semiautomatic fixtures
- Complete paperwork accurately and legibly
- Cross-functional training required
- Follow instructions and procedures accurately and precisely
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, and interpret technical procedures in English
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math
Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Essential Job Functions:
Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems. Attention to detail. Ability to handle repetitive tasks.
- Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. sit or stand for hours at a time. Moderate to high noise level, exposure to isopropanol, exposure to high temperature molds (~350?F), limited exposure to physical risk. Ability to handle and manipulate small components. Ability to see items 1/32“ or smaller, good eye-hand coordination, ability to handle repetitive tasks.
- Lab coats, hair nets, beard covers (if applicable), and shoe covers must be worn
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork.
Equipment Used: Injection molding machines, compressed air guns, manual and semi-automatic assembly fixtures, computers, barcode scanners
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, and/or criminal background check.
AMT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Insurance: AMT offers major medical, dental, and vision insurance at the first of the month following 30 days of service.
- Other Benefits: AMT offers several other voluntary benefits including hospital indemnity, critical illness, term life insurance & long term disability (company paid), among others.
- 401k: AMT matches a percentage of your contribution, up to 5% of your salary.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): In addition to nine paid holidays, AMT provides employees with paid time off (determined by length of service), starting on day one!
- Employee Wellness: At AMT, we believe in promoting healthy living. The Katherine 5k, lunch and learns, and health challenges are just a few of our initiatives.