The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers' success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
This position is accountable to proactively manage North American accounts receivable to minimize risk and receive payments as timely as possible to provide optimal cash flow and ensure accurate valuation of the accounts receivable asset.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect customer receivable balances including past due amounts in accordance with terms of sale
- Work with customers to proactively identify and resolve potential collection issues
- Review and release customer orders – identify root cause and remediate to eliminate unnecessary holds
- Resolve claims (deductions/short payments/unpaid invoices) in a timely manner through communication with internal departments and/or external customers
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Process new account set-ups, including credit/risk assessment of customers to assign credit limits and risk ranking
- Adhere to all credit policies
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business (finance, accounting or other related field)
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to investigate and communicate system transactions
- Ability to interpret and navigate ambiguous situations and conclude appropriate course of action
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines
- Solid work ethic (self-starter and highly motivated)
- Excellent positive, professional demeanor with emphasis on interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook/Excel)
Considered a plus:
- Previous experience in Credit/Collections function
- SAP experience
Click Here to Learn About all of Our Benefits!
Competitive salary with performance based bonus plans
401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings
Health Savings Account
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.