A leading national manufacturer is in search for a Senior Accountant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform accounting functions requiring thorough knowledge of general accounting principles and practices to ensure the integrity of Company's General Ledger.
- Perform month-end close which includes reviewing and posting of all inventory related automated journal entries.
- Prepare journal entries for inventory usage variances, shipping accruals and variance close-outs.
- Review and post divisional journal entries.
- Review Plant and Selling Region Financial Statements for accuracy.
- Review/Explain variances on Plant and Selling Region Financial Statements and write financial notes.
- Complete CSS sales system to margin reconciliations to General Ledger.
- Reconcile and analyze various General Ledger accounts. Prepare any adjusting journal entries.
- Provide support for Plant Controllers and accounting personnel, and other accountants within the department.
- Resolve issues and serve as a resource for accounting procedures and policies.
- Lead and direct the staffs in Manager's absence.
- Act a liaison between the divisions and corporate.
- Coordinate the completion of account analysis packages for Management review.
- Other account analysis and projects as assigned.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- JD Edwards or Oracle experience preferred
- Strong Excel
- Team player
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.