Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega – with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
FULL TIME - DAYS 0730-1930
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role as an RN? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Northeast Georgia's largest provider of healthcare services as Registered Nurse.
There is no better place to grow—professionally and personally—than NGHS. One of the regions most respected healthcare institutions, we offer talented RNs like you the clinical variety and leading-edge technologies that will keep you challenged and learning. If you are interested in becoming a part of our nursing team, this could be your next career opportunity.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including; a competitive salary, excellent benefits and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include a 401k, PDO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex spending, Life, Disability, Tuition Reimbursement and various Employee discount programs. We'd love to talk to you about this fantastic position!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Respectful Compassion: I impact life's most sacred moments
- Responsible Stewardship: What I do today ensures tomorrow
- Deep Interdependence: I can't do my job without you
- Passion for Excellence: I bring my best every day
- Licensed to practice as an RN in Georgia
- Associate Nursing Degree
- One year of experience as a professional RN
- Membership in a professional organization
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree Preferred
- National certification in clinical specialty
A DAY IN THE LIFE INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TOO:
- Capable clinician with previous specialty experience preferred, focused on expanding knowledge and skills.
- Consistently provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients.
- Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice.
- Assumes a beginning clinical bedside leadership role and seeks mentoring in this process.
- Is a professional member of VOICE professional nursing shared governance providing feedback on issues being addressed at meetings.
- Participates as a member on VOICE councils and Nursing Quality Teams as appropriate.
- Actively participates on Unit Council helping with plans to improve NDNQI nursing sensitive indicators, RN Satisfaction, Employee Engagement, Culture of Safety, and Patient Experience data.
- Works together with other care team members to recruit and retain an excellent nursing care team.
- For the new graduate clinical RN: focuses primarily on developing knowledge and skills and showing growth in ability to care for increasingly complex patients.
- Responsible for providing direct and safe patient care based on the nursing process, and for coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes. Requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and accepts feedback as a constructive professional development tool.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega – and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals – Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs – Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers – Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces – Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems – Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.