POSITION TITLE: DENTAL ASSISTANT PEDIATRIC COORDINATOR
FLSA: NON- EXEMPT
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Dental Operations, incumbent is responsible for the administration of clinic operations at the pediatric dental clinic site including assessing, communicating, implementing, coordinating, and monitoring employees and activities of the dental clinic to ensure efficiency and excellence in patient care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Expanded Duty Dental Assistant Certification, Certification in Radiation and CPR required.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a dental office, including ordering and maintaining supplies.
- Familiarity with CDT codes and common dental terminology.
- Knowledge of dental equipment/ supplies.
- Knowledge of eCW/ XV Capture preferred.
- Work with the Director of Dental Operations in maintaining effective, efficient and productive workflow and staff coverage in clinic.
- Work in conjunction with the OR Pediatric Dental Assistant Coordinator to provide an environment safe and free from potential hazards.
- Coordinate in office chair-side schedules/ assigning DA's to resident and attending in clinic, and provide chair- side assistance as needed.
- Monitor and assist in the workflow processes of patient flow /scheduled appointments including emergency walk-in patients.
- Monitor sterilization and clinic log completion/ assist as needed.
- Completion of inventory control/ supply orders for clinic in conjunction with OR Pediatric Dental Assistant Coordinator and Dental Logistics Coordinator to maintain adequate levels.
- Communicate effectively with the Dental Logistics Coordinator and SCHC team regarding equipment maintenance, repairs, and orders as needed.
- Provide new/ ongoing training for all Pediatric DAs to ensure efficiency in all clinical processes and procedures.
- Comply with all facility policies and procedures including but not limited to those addressing OSHA standards, HIPAA, Safety Compliance and proper use of PPE.
- Monitor and maintain the Sedation Room “9“ with inventory, medication and supplies.
- Responsible for training, use and maintenance of the Solea Laser and CBCT.
- Other duties as assigned.