As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Business Analyst role supports the Business by working with the development teams with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs to determine and recommend the most optimal solution to conduct software development. Defines business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects to implement IT business solutions with a focus on critical business priorities. Understand plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting information technology components into the organization architecture.
- Understand best practices and methods for defining detailed business requirements including planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to corporate standards
- Review business requirements which describe the business needs and the scope of the solution.
- Document and refine business requirements to describe the business needs to a functional requirement level without presuming a technical solution. Under the guidance of a Senior Business Analyst and Business Solutions Consultant, ensure requirements are verifiable and testable once a solution is defined
- Support the execution of the development pipeline and delivery of Voya's software products including vendor solutions to QA, and ultimately to production
- Work in execution of product development across all teams as part of the development lifecycle
- Work with Project and Release Management to sequence/coordinate development activities within software development
- environment methodologies
- Identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems with the assistance and direction of the Senior Business Analyst and Business Solutions Consultant.
- Support project manager/release manager by providing input into project information such as scope, estimates, evaluation criteria and results, etc.
- Assist to define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a basic knowledge of business systems and industry requirement with consideration of business application to both current and future business environment.
- Accountable for developing business and functional requirements for small to medium issues and changes in business process
- Communicate functional business requirements in enough detail to effectively involve IT Stakeholders across domains and suppliers and conversely communicate technical solutions to business stakeholders in non-technical terminology
- Provide input to internal business groups and peers on process improvement projects designed to improve business and IT results.
- Support design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
- 4-6 years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis
- Enterprise Testing, Quality Standards, and software product knowledge (architecture, infrastructure, security, DevOps, etc.)
- SDLC knowledge
- Software development environment methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
- Business requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Functional requirement knowledge (i.e. elicitation of requirements, planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to standards)
- Requirements Analysis, Planning & prioritization execution
- Requirements Elicitation and facilitation execution
- Financial Management knowledge
- Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Supplier/Vendor management
- Analytical /data analysis skills
- Change Management
- Consensus building to gather requirements
- Interviewing skills among stakeholders
- Meeting facilitation (in person and virtual)
- Excellent oral and written communication and problem solving skills, detail oriented and ability to work effectively managing multiple priorities
- Communication skills (Functional communication to technical stakeholders, Technical communication to non-technical stakeholders)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Collaboration with internal and external teams and business partners
- Business Acumen among LOBs (past, current, future goals, strategies and plans)
- Business relationship management
- Ability to embrace, adapt and lead through change, fosters effective partnerships and drive effective collaboration with peers and vendor resources.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.