Awake Overnight Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or (CHHA) (Brain Injury)
Req Number: 24099
Schedule: Sun-Tue 11pm-9am
Salary: $17.25 / hour
Sign-on bonus: $500: $250 upon completion of 30 days, $250 upon completion of 90 days
As an Awake Overnight Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) or Awake Overnight Home Health Aide (H.H.A.), you will assist in providing daily routine or episodic daily nursing aide care. Your work will be based in a clinically intensive residential program tailored to meet the needs of adults who have either have Brain Injury in addition to complex health needs. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
Your duties include assisting person's served with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) administering medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP) guidelines, assisting individuals to become more a part of their communities, and helping the program to meet the highest quality standards. You will employ rehabilitation values, principles and techniques, including skills training to help individuals served overcome barriers, live as independently as possible and increase their quality of life.
Response to Covid-19
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for employees working 30 hours or more
- 15 days of Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, 10 Sick Days and 3 Personal Days per year (for employees scheduled for 20 hours or more)
- Education Assistance and Tuition Remission Programs as well as innovative Student Loan Payment Programs. Employment with Vinfen counts toward your Public Student Loan Forgiveness eligibility
- Professional Development programs including year-round online training courses and opportunities to earn CEUs
- Retirement savings programs, including a fully funded, employer sponsored retirement plan and an employee funded 403 (b) plan
- Company paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- $500 -- $1,000+ Employee Referral Bonuses with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted memberships, access to wellness programs and more!
Founded in 1977, for over 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives“ by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with over 3,000 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: CNA, C.N.A., Certified Nurse Assistant, Home Health Aide, HHA, Medical, nursing, community based, home care, healthcare, VinfenCNA, VinfenHHA
Vaccine Mandate Policy
All new employees, interns, and volunteers within Vinfen's Massachusetts programs will be required to be fully vaccinated (14 days beyond last shot of Pfizer or Moderna or 14 days beyond receiving a Johnson and Johnson vaccine), or have received the first shot in a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) with an appointment scheduled for the second dose. A 2nd dose must be received within six weeks of hire and the first shot prior to New Employee Orientation or have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with Vinfen.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current C.N.A. certificate or H.H.A. Certificate valid in Massachusetts
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, national fingerprinting, CNA or HHA certification and driving record check.
$17.25 / hour
$500: $250 upon completion of 30 days, $250 upon completion of 90 days
Drivers License check and vehicle access required