Requisition Number: ACTIV07455
Location: Westminster Point Pleasant Bradenton
Work With Excellence, Serve With Heart!
Join the team at Westminster Point Pleasant, a beautiful waterfront continuing care retirement community located near downtown Bradenton. Currently seeking compassionate, dedicated individuals for our FT Health Center Activities Assistant position. Must be able to work weekends. EOE, DFWP “We honor those who served“.
Why work for us?
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Comprehensive Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 403b
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Work Alongside Industry Experts That Take Pride in Their Work
- Supportive Management Team That Put Employees First
- Warm and Friendly Work Environment
- Beautiful, Well-Maintained Facility Conveniently Located Near Downtown Bradenton
- Flexible Schedule
- Plenty of Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
JOB SUMMARY: Assist to plan, develop and direct the overall operation of the activities department in accordance with regulatory guidelines and our established policies and procedures and assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet the level of interests and abilities of each resident.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster and its communities.
- Implement and conduct programs as assigned by the Activities Director, encouraging residents to attend. Includes setup prior to and clean-up after completion of activities.
- Leads and assists residents groups on community outings.
- Conducts one-on-one activities with those residents requiring them.
- Completes documentation such as Assessments and Daily Attendance Sheets.
- Purchase and organize decorations and supplies for daily activities & holidays.
- Assist with decorating Health Center common areas.
Education: Possess a minimum of a high school diploma, with interests in recreation, crafts and music helpful. Must have basic knowledge of food preparation and handling. Certified Nurse Assistant certificate preferred.
Experience and Basic Knowledge: Must have experience in recreational and activities programs in senior citizens group nursing homes or related activities within the last two years. Must be familiar with dementia or willing to learn about the condition.