Every day at the Montana Department of Justice, our employees are dedicated to ensuring the well-being and rights of the people of our great state. At the Department of Justice we do the right thing for the right reason. If you're looking for an opportunity to be part of a team that builds a culture of character and excellence, demonstrates collaboration and selfless public service, and upholds the law and pursues public safety, the Department of Justice may just be the career for you.
Please take a moment to watch this DOJ Introductory Video to learn more about the services provided by the Department of Justice for the citizens of Montana.
Are you a person interested in providing helpful and informed public service? MVD careers reward qualified staff with generous benefits, fair pay and meaningful employment!
The Department of Justice Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) is a critical statewide division responsible to the Attorney General. Qualified, trained staff are committed to public safety through their service, teamwork, and innovation that benefits Montana citizens. MVD has offices that include partnerships in 48 locations across the state. MVD continually strives to provide responsive and reliable services for a growing population and with an eye toward the future.
Driver Services Bureau Office Managers enjoy supporting exam station employees in the manner that enhances public service as well as a welcoming and productive employment culture. The successful candidate will:
- Lead and monitor compliance with operational policies and contribute to appropriate daily operations and activities of the Bozeman Exam station
- Oversee the administration of Class B, C and D licensing procedures and assessment of applicant's licensing skills
- Coordinate and manage daily accounts reconciliation including driver licensing fees
- Provide examiner services when necessary
- Supervise and support up to 5 full-time equivalencies with performance management, constructive communications and respectful treatment
- Determine and fulfill equipment procurements;
- Safety officer and liaison with office property management / maintenance personnel
- Forward operational concerns and / or consumer complaints with the DSB Regional Manager and / or MVD leadership
Work schedule is Mon-Friday, 8a-5p, occasional extended hours may apply.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Three years face-to-face customer service experience
- Two years' experience utilizing a variety of word processing, database, and other business software applications and programs
- One year of experience working with driver license credentialing and issuance processes
- Six months experience conducting basic driver license skills testing
- One year conducting Commercial Class A and B skills testing
- One year supervisory experience
- *Applicant must be eligible to apply for a valid Class A intrastate commercial driver license within six months of hire*
- Associate's degree in business, communication, public relations or a related field
- Experience applying Montana driver license laws (Montana Code Annotated Title 61)
- Experience training and instructing others (needs assessment, methods used, evaluation of skills, providing feedback)
The selection procedures to be used in evaluating the applicant's qualification may include, but are not limited to an evaluation of the résumé and cover letter, a structured interview, performance test, academic transcripts, reference/background checks and fingerprint checks.
Additional materials, references or information submitted by the applicant, but not requested, will not be considered.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:
- Criminal History Fingerprint Check
- Driving History
This position is opened until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who apply by midnight, 11.17.19
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this position, you must attach a cover letter and résumé at the time of application.
Your Cover Letter: How do your qualifications and experience directly correlate to the duties of this position and what makes you the best candidate for the job?
Your Résumé: Please include all work experience as well as job duties that demonstrate your qualifications for this position. Include dates of employment (month & year- start & end) and the reason you left each job.
A complete online state application is not required, however you will need to initiate the application and attach the cover letter and résumé in order to be considered for this position. Failure to attach a cover letter and résumé will result in an incomplete application that will not be considered further.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Materials submitted but not requested will not be considered in the selection process.
All documents for Veteran or Disability preference must be received or date stamped by the closing date. You will receive an email with instructions on how to submit such documents.
If you need an accommodation with the application process, please contact the HR office.
Your service is rewarded with competitive compensation and generous State of Montana Benefits.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans
- Generous paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Pre-tax Flexibility Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
State of Montana employment may qualify for student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.
Minorities are under-represented in this position and are encouraged to apply