Food & Beverage Manager - Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark
As the original Boyne Resort, we carry the torch with pride and strive to be a jewel of the organization, an industry leader, and guest favorite. Located in the village of Boyne Falls, our resort boasts Michigan’s largest indoor waterpark (Avalanche Bay), offers up one of the State’s most luxurious spa offerings (The Spa at Boyne Mountain), and are in the process of revitalizing several of our lodging offerings, and transforming our dining landscape.
An immediate, full-time year-round, salaried position is available at Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark located at Boyne Mountain Resort. The F&B Manager is responsible for overseeing all front of the house and back of the house operations for Après Pub and The Snack Shack.
F&B Manager’s typical day includes the following:
- Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and portioning foods, utilizing food surpluses and leftovers and maintaining standardization of recipes
- Monitors food quality, presentation and portion size to maintain consistency and control costs
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of outlet and equipment
- Coordinating Birthday Parties and Special Functions
- Purchases or requisitions food, equipment and supplies for outlet
- Completes and reports monthly food inventory
- Prepares and reviews monthly financials with the Director of Adventure
- Meets with professional staff, customers, or client group to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions
- Schedules culinary and front of the house team members to ensure all shifts are covered according to projected business flow
- Supervises 10-15 team members in dining room and/or kitchen setting to ensure consistent and efficient service to guests while maintaining department goals
- Interviews, hires and mentors qualified team members, conducts performance evaluations and appraisals, motivates and educates staff, as well as takes corrective action when necessary
This job might be for you if:
- You achieved an associate's degree or equivalent; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- You are flexible and always willing to learn more. You understand the demands of exceeding guest needs and can work nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
- You have an intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite products including Word and Excel. Experience with Point of Sale software is also preferred.
- You have interest in not only serving guests with excellence, you know the value of looking out for the best interests of your fellow team members and can help maintain a fun work environment.