The Security Officer performs duties at the professional level in some or all the following functional areas:
Overall, security officers are tasked with securing the premises and personnel by monitoring surveillance equipment, performing security inspections, guarding entry points, and verifying visitors
- Requires occasional physical activity throughout shift (except breaks and lunch) such as walking, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, handling, near/far vision, pushing, pulling, carrying, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Perform receptionist duties: fielding calls, general email requests, visitor check-ins
- Coordinate with Security Supervisor for daily tasks
- Perform daily security checks (rounds), including Front Office Area, Outside Perimeter, and key indoor facilities locations
- Monitor security surveillance coverage and provide camera footage requests as required
- Monitor door access and badge access system
- Daily pickup of company mail from mailbox
- Assist with checking companies’ vehicles in & out
- Assist with investigations where incident reports or other statements are needed
- Field and communicate all messages from the employee call-in line to Human Resources
- Assist HR Department with necessary employee issues, such as employee relations issues where security presence is required
- Perform other duties as required
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Good computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Good time management
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision when required.
- High School Degree (or G.E.D. equivalent) required.
- 1-2 years of experience working in security or related field (or similar experience) preferred.