About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Core Operations:
FTI Consulting's Core Operations functions provide support to our client service professionals so they are able meet and exceed the needs of our clients. Professionals within our Marketing and Communications, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Office Infrastructure, Legal, and Real Estate teams are dedicated to working together and delivering world class support across our global community.
The Senior Manager, Global Information Systems, works within the GIS team to support application and technology solutions for FTI. The individual provides technical and managerial oversight to one or more application platforms, fosters a productive work culture, evaluates and manages technology budgets, and successfully delivers the goals and objectives of assigned projects, people, and initiatives.
- Responsible for the management, execution, and success of multiple projects. Will utilize established project management methodology, templates, and processes in the management and reporting of project-related tasks.
- Resolves, or assists in the resolution of issues related to service delivery of the application(s) under management. Works with business and technology leadership to resolve issues.
- Directly supervises other staff in the completion of projects and assigned tasks. May indirectly supervise other personnel in the completion of tasks.
- Capacity to work independently and without regular management oversight, ensuring the completion of assigned projects, tasks, and deliverables on-time, within budget, and within established frameworks.
- The Senior Manager, GIS, is expected to assist and advise various FTI organizations upon request, providing consultations on specific projects on a short-term basis, and assist in the resolution of technical problems.
- Works with vendors to ensure the successful delivery of services in alignment with contracts and agreements. Senior Manager, GIS Global Information Systems Functional Job Description and Core Competencies Information Technology Group Page 2 of 3 Private and Confidential Date Printed: 10/22/2019
- Ensures that the business and technical architecture of delivered solutions match customer requirements.
- Assists in ensuring FTI's IT policies and procedures are implemented, tracked and reported
- Assists with ensuring personnel adhere to project management methodology, appropriate accountability, and takes initiative.
- Implement services to meet or exceed established SLAs
- Assists with the establishment of vendor contracts, purchase orders, and other purchases
- Identify process improvements and system enhancements to simplify and streamline processes
- Adapting to changing management needs
- Continuously assess and develop appropriate information for senior management
- Applies project management discipline, techniques and tools.
- Tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management
- Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology discipline
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with senior business management and peers.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and reporting on projects, initiatives, and budgets
- Established business and technical process design and documentation skills
- Experience in directing IT policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and execute stakeholder communication plans
- Capability to create IT training content and deliver active training sessions.
- Attention to detail is critical. Proactive attention to daily tasks, organization, and cleanliness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong understanding of information systems in professional services organizations
- An individual with PMP certification is preferred.
BEHAVIORAL AND INTERPERSONAL
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to all levels of business management
- Working with high-level customers to document and meet their requirements.
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Role Modeling
- Team Work
- Adaptable to changing priorities
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Four Year College Degree in Information Systems or related field
- 7+ Years of progressive technical or project management experience
- Daily time entry to record billable and non-billable time
- Provides on-call support 24 x 7
- Periodic travel required, sometimes with little notice
- As developed and coordinated upon request by coach
- Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident, H1B Visa, Other work visa
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt