The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to craft, design, and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence, and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
We are looking for a Program Planner to support our Military Space Programs in Sunnyvale, CA. We have an ideal opportunity to begin and develop your career in Program Planning/Program Management. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn, thrives in a fast-paced environment, leads by example, and has the uncanny ability to influence and cultivate collaboration and teamwork, we invite you to join us.
This role will offer you the following daily challenges:
- You will collaborate with Engineering; Finance and Business Operations; and Program Management while working within the planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
- Plan projects in Microsoft Project Server from inception to completion in accordance with the Corporate Space Program Performance Management Plan with coordination from Control Account Managers (CAM's), Product Managers, and Product Owners
- You will create and maintain compliant Integrated Master Schedules which accurately and comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program
- Contribute to planning process improvements within the line of business and Ground segment
- You will work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, and facilitate communication between partners
- Drive execution of business rhythm to internal customers
- Generation of monthly and weekly schedule updates and reports including:
- Schedule health metrics
- Monthly management reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Critical Path Analysis in an Agile environment
- Weekly SPI generation
- Forward looking reporting related to baselined tasks
- You will assist in negotiating hand-offs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
- You will serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
These job responsibilities are currently in Boulder with potential work opportunities in Littleton (Waterton campus).
- 4-8 years of prior program planning experience
- Previous experience working competitive proposals as a lead in developing the Integrated Management Plan / Integrated Master Schedule (IMP/IMS)
- Experience using Microsoft Project, Primavera, Real Time Projects or another planning application
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiarity with IMP/IMS, WBS, and control account structure and earned value analysis
- Experience in the application of integrated cost/ schedule techniques
- Possess excellent English communication skills, written, verbal, and presentation, to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers, suppliers, as well as program management
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a US DoD TOP SECRET clearance