About the Team
We are a small and extremely hard working team that understands the importance of selling, but knows when to pump the breaks. We hold our relationships with buyers second to none and pride ourselves on our ability to keep our clients extremely happy. We collaborate. We sell. We close. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the job
The Data Account Manager is charged with ongoing management of existing data buyers and identifying new data product expansion opportunities with existing buyers. In this role you will manage the Data buyer accounts current products and identify upsell/cross sell opportunities in the existing book of business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for managing Sovrn’s existing and any new clients that are signed by Data sales team.
- Existing Clients - provide excellent service to existing clients
- Understanding client wants and needs
- Forecasting Revenue
- Work with accounting to ensure clients are paid and they pay sovrn accurately and on time
- Work with sales engineering to audit, inspect and optimize Data customer integrations
- Upsell and Cross sell existing clients
- Client outreach to identify and qualify expansion opportunities
- Enter and manage opportunities in SalesForce CRM
- Close three expansion opportunities each quarter
- Data Product Delivery
- Work with Data Science team to deliver our product
- Deliver client feedback to Data Product
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You are highly coachable while being able to work autonomously. Communication and customer service are your strongest traits. You recognize and act on opportunities to be proactive when supporting clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Track record managing existing clients
- Interest or experience in the digital data ecosystem
- Troubleshooting skills to facilitate management and data reporting for customers
- Attention to detail and ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Internet savvy with a strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM)
- Understand and ability to navigate BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Grafana, and Metamarkets
- Must be able to work and communicate in a concise manner across the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to design and articulate solutions for customers challenges
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Must be able to confidently make decisions on behalf of the team for areas of responsibility
Nice to have
- Minimum 1 year Account Management experience
- Understanding of cookies, hashed emails, mobile advertising IDs and use cases
- Basic knowledge of the online advertising industry
This position reports to: VP, Data
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn is an Equal Opportunity Employer!