Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect – improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corporation, which enables and commits us to put our values into action.
We are seeking an Associate Data analyst to help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet. We help our clients succeed by providing them with on-going reports and understanding of their data to inform business decisions, deliver energy savings, and achieve financial targets. We also contribute to the public sector by providing regulators, Attorneys General, and other government stakeholders with data that they rely on to make key decisions.
**Must be in Colorado or relocating to Colorado**
What you get to do:
- Investigate and explore our diverse datasets and the products that create them
- Work closely with a broad range of stakeholders, such as Customer Success Managers, finance and accounting experts, software engineers, and data scientists
- Build out automation and tooling for recurring reports, including learning and practicing software engineering skills
- Manage your own workload, with strong input into what lands on your plate and flexibility on where, when, and how you do your work
What you will contribute:
- Passion for our mission and the stories we can tell with the data we provide
- A strong desire to learn and grow through your work
- Attention to detail to ensure that our reports are accurate and we are following consistent processes to generate them
- Motivation to increase your ownership and responsibilities over time
- Compassion and team spirit to support our clients and your fellow teammates
Skill and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first. If you feel you might belong on our team, we invite you to apply even if your work history doesn't perfectly fit the criteria below. We acknowledge that excessive job requirements are a factor in sustaining structural racism, sexism, ableism, and other forms of oppression, and we are committed to pushing back against this force by making our positions accessible to a diverse range of candidates. That goes double for entry-level positions such as this one. If in doubt - please apply!
What you bring to Uplight:
- 1-2 years' personal, professional, and/or educational experience with one or more of our team's core tasks: accessing data, analyzing data, transforming data, packaging data into reports, and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders; OR the ability to demonstrate your skill in one or more of these tasks as part of the interview process
- One or more of:
- Proficiency in data manipulation in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL or other structured query languages
- Experience writing programs or scripts with Python or other languages
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other Business Intelligence tools
- Experience in the utility industry or other heavily-regulated industries
- Other skills or training that are thematically similar to the above
- Experience handling personally identifiable information (PII)
- Experience working on remote teams
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
- We are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause to help create a more sustainable planet
- We are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- We provide unlimited PTO, with a suggested baseline of 4 weeks per year
- We provide excellent benefits that kick in on day 1, along with a generous 401k match
Salary: $50,000 to $56,000 (dependent upon experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.