This position will serve as the Senior/Executive Medical Director in the Translational Sciences group, reporting to the Vice President of Translational Sciences. The successful candidate should have demonstrated proficiency in leading and supporting biomarker development strategies across multiple programs within the company, as well as represent the department to the external clinical community and regulatory bodies.
- Lead, develop and execute the strategic implementation of clinical biomarkers for multiple targeted therapeutics
- Work across the organization and on multifunctional teams responsible for the development of multiple development assets
- Oversee the development and management of biomarker components of clinical protocols and amendments, investigator brochures, and clinical study reports
- Provide leadership to Translational Sciences directors and scientists who are involved in the assessment and development of biomarker assays
- Develop and implement a strategy for the establishment of an internal biomarker laboratory within Seattle Genetics to current compliance standards
- Represent Seattle Genetics in the external scientific community, providing strategic guidance to external partners including Contract Research Organizations
- Provide expert opinion in the regulatory expectations of biomarker and companion diagnostic development, and represent Seattle Genetics to regulators
- Oversee manuscripts, abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings and advisory boards related to biomarkers
- Be an active member of the Translational Sciences senior leadership team, providing support and input across the broad range of activities undertaken by the department
- Has a critical and strategic leadership presence and the ability to work effectively with other clinical and scientific leaders
- Strong cross functional critical thinking, influencing skills and effective use of personal power in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrates a passion for helping patients with cancer and for the science of oncology
- Has a collaborative style with internal company leadership, external development partners and investigators/medical professionals
- Is a team player, works well in a team environment both as a leader and a key contributor
- Has a global perspective and mindset, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies
- MD or MD/PhD
- Clinical oncology experience; Board certification in pathology preferred
- 5-7 years industry experience in oncology biomarker development or equivalent clinical or regulatory experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.