Scanner (Boswell, PA, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
As a Ticket Checker, you will play an essential role in creating an experience of a lifetime for our guests. Our team works primarily in the lift mazes by greeting guests by name and validating their access every time. We play a unique role at our resorts by providing a fun, welcoming atmosphere for our guests while ensuring our products' integrity.
- Wage: $20/hour
- Outlets: Laurel Mountain
- Shift & Schedule Availability - Full & Part Time, Holiday Help. Flexible as well as consistent scheduling is available, with the understanding that weekends & holidays are our busiest times.
- Skill Level – Entry Level
- Deliver premium guest service by providing information and assistance with a smile
- Validating tickets - ensure our guests have their own valid product before loading our lifts
- Work cooperatively with other teams to ensure lift lines are safely managed and lifts are loaded efficiently
- Maintain and secure departmental equipment - scan devices, radios, etc
- Escalate issues to leadership as they arise, from safety to products
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English
- Willingness to work 35+ hours/week Full Time/ 15+ hours/week Part Time/ 100+ hours/season for Holiday Help
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of inclement weather, standing and moving for entire shift on potentially slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Adherence to safety standards and procedures. Be Safe is our number one value!
A Ticket Checker Resort Associate is a flexible employee who often works across multiple departments and in various roles to support the one resort mentality which could include one of the following:
- Mountain Activities
- Retail Rental operations
- Food and Beverage Support
- Ticket sales or scanning
- Lift Operations
- Base Area Operations
The budgeted range starts at $20. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 458747