Lift Mechanic (Boswell, PA, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
The Lift Mechanic is responsible for performing all routine maintenance procedures under the guidance of the maintenance manager and senior mechanics. The incumbent will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repair of the assigned lifts.
- Outlets: Laurel Mountain
- Starting Wage: $20 / hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time and Part Time
- Skill Level: Entry
- Ensures safe and reliable mechanical operation of lifts.
- Responsible for following the company's safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Responsible for performance and scheduling of all preventative maintenance procedures
- Must assist in troubleshooting all “down“ lifts
- Responsible for assuring that the Maintenance Mgr., Lead, and Lift Dispatch is immediately informed and consulted about all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, observations, or system malfunctions.
- Respond, as assigned, to lift failures to productively resolve these situations in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining all tools, equipment, and vehicles as assigned
- Must be able to evacuate a lift under auxilary power in all circumstances
- Assist in the ongoing training of lift maintenance personnel
- Provide superior service to our guests (internal and external) at all times. Interact with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner
- Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting to lift records in a timely manner
- Safe and efficient operation of trucks, snowmobiles and a variety of other transport vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- Lift Experience – Preferred
- Mechanical background -Preferred
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required
- Current, valid Driver’s License – Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age – Required
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required.
- Ability to manage time, deliver expectations and to thrive in a high-stress, rapid-changing environment
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form (in English) including communicating on the mountain radio
- High School graduation or equivalent – Preferred
- Ability to work extended hours in adverse weather conditions, and work overnight
- Weight Lifted: 51-100lbs
- Lifting, Standing, Walking, Climbing/Balance Frequency: 2/3 of the time
- Sitting, Reaching, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling Frequency: 1/3
The budgeted range starts at $20. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 458487