SCHEDULE: 40 hours, Monday Friday, 8:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
The Workforce Development Administrative Assistant will assist in overseeing a variety of programs within the Food Services and Housekeeping Department Training Programs. The Workforce Development Administrative Assistant will support the Workforce Development Team: Training & Development Specialist, Stabilization Specialist, and Job Placement Specialist. This department works directly with men and women who are seeking to move beyond homelessness through housing and employment. The incumbent must possess strong computer skills; demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent time management and organizational skills. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a diverse, fun, fast-pace environment while making an important impact in the Boston community.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college
- Minimum of six (6) months professional, fast paced office experience
- Proficiency with internet research, using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read, and write email communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must be very organized