Wireless Network Engineer III
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: 6 months
- Responsible for monitoring the network, implementing routing protocols and network features, troubleshooting network and application issues, and assisting with network projects. Monitor network performance using documented standards, as well as installing new hardware, systems, and software for networks. Maintain network management, connectivity, and services, as well as troubleshoot network issues and operational problems. Develop a plan for application recovery and make use of standard operating procedures in case of hardware or software failure. Basic experience supporting and troubleshooting LAN and WAN network topologies. Basic understanding of how Cisco routers and switches are configured. Knowledge of Cisco Wireless infrastructure. Knowledge of LAN/WAN connectivity and cabling standards, and DNS/DHCP/IPAM. Strong technical project management skills. Strong communication and engineering skills are essential; must be able to tell a client, vendors, and management in a simplified manner what network issues that they may have, while also logging the problems using highly technical terms for troubleshooting among peers.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong TCP/IP networking background.
- Experience deploying wireless networks at scale.
- Experience working with 3rd party contractors and local municipalities.
- Strong experience with physical layer of wireless networks, wireless telecom interfaces, implementation, and debugging.
English: Speak, Read, Write
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment
environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race,
color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.