Natixis Investment Managers seeks a dynamic and experienced communications leader to be its Vice President of Public Relations and Communications. This senior role offers an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned PR pro to make a lasting impact on the business while providing opportunities for career and professional growth. The Vice President will be a crucial part of the global communications program for the firm, leading media relations and executive communications in North America while also contributing to broader strategy and execution for global corporate communications, brand communications, thought leadership and reputation management initiatives. The position reports to the Senior VP of Global PR and Communications, in Boston, with direct relationships with the regional executive team and global functional leaders.
Specific responsibilities for the Vice President include overseeing the overall communications program for our investment management affiliates in North America, which includes orchestrating our affiliate PR efforts and serving as an advisor and managing media relations for affiliates without an internal PR team. The Vice President also will lead the effort to promote and develop our thought leaders in the media and public, including market strategists, business heads, and other experts. As part of those efforts, the Vice President will be responsible for training and advising his/her executive clients on communications issues, coordinating and participating in media tours, organizing media events, generating speaking opportunities, and supervising other team members. Messaging is also a central part of the role, including the creation of communications plans, presentations, press releases, Q&A's, and briefing documents.
This high-visibility role offers an exciting growth opportunity for a leader with creativity, energy, professionalism and drive. The successful candidate will be an experienced, hands-on communications leader with strong media relationships, business acumen, executive presence and the motivation to continually develop all of the above. The role requires exceptional communication skills (written, verbal & visual), strong organizational abilities, creative thinking, keen attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and sometimes complex global environment, dexterity in communicating about financial issues, and the ability to work with senior executives and journalists with poise under deadline pressure.
- Oversees overall media relations program in the US and Canada
- Leads PR programs for our investment management affiliates in the region
- Executive communications, supporting the regional CEO and other senior executives
- Advise and counsel senior executives, develop and execute PR programs for key businesses
- Creation of communications materials, including press releases, communications plans, talking points, presentations, media pitches, blogs, etc.
- Oversees external PR agency and PR consultant
- Coordinate global communications programs with international peers and cross-functional groups, with shared accountability for results
- Lead high-profile special projects; manage development and execution of PR strategy, coordinate closely with various internal departments (product, marketing, compliance)
- Conduct regional media tours for senior executives, primarily in New York
- Support executives' conference participation by coordinating on-site press meetings and prepping executives for speaking roles
- Coordinate with Compliance and Legal functions to ensure communications are in accordance with firm policy and regulation
- Help to lead and develop team
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in communications or a related field
- 11 or more years of PR/communications experience
- Financial services industry experience and/or financial communications experience
- Poised, confident and comfortable working 1:1 with senior executives
- Strong leadership skills, drive and determination
- A player-coach who leads by example and uses their experience to help develop the next generation of leaders
- A love for teamwork and collaboration
- Vision, creativity and a desire to innovate; not afraid to fail
- Exceptional written, verbal and visual communications skills
- Data-driven, able to demonstrate the value of their work quantitatively and be accountable for results
- Well-organized with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, Comfortable presenting to groups and representing the firm to the public