Under general supervision of the project manager and medical director, and in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures, the candidate supports testing of specimens from clinical trials which are focused on cardiology. The responsibilities include specimen processing and management, documenting work in the specimen database, and specimen testing.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares specimens for testing using laboratory robotics, or manually, in support of laboratory projects.
2. Manages biorepository of clinical trial specimens. This includes maintaining organization and documentation of the repository, receiving and shipping specimens, and coordination of specimen collection at clinical trial sites.
3. Performs routine and complex analytical procedures on all bodily fluids using complex instrumentation, robotics, and/or established manual methods according to research protocols and laboratory policies.
4. Records data and maintains results database
5. Performs administrative activities including appropriate documentation for each clinical trial
6. Reports on progress of work regularly with supervisors.
7. Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, including the areas of quality assurance, safety, environmental affairs and infection control.
8. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as directed.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a biological/physical science required.
Some laboratory experience desired. Undergraduate coursework or projects may be considered as appropriate experience.
Previous experience with clinical trials, or working in biobanking or biorepository preferred, but not required.
Ability to perform a variety of routine procedures in an organized manner.
Ability to methodically record data.
Ability to work under general supervision.
Ability to prioritize work.