Location: Boston, MA & RI - Northeast Region
Staff and maintain Snap-on's mobile TECHKNOW showroom. Focus exclusively on the needs of the professional automotive technician ranging from the basic to the most advanced diagnostic solutions in the market. Utilize the mobile showroom to interact with franchisees and technicians. Utilize displays, hands-on product demonstrations, and a complete range of accessories that pair with each platform to answer questions, provide solutions, and ensure confidence in the technician's purchase. Work in tandem with Snap-on franchisees to pre-qualify customers and provide solutions that are specific to each individual technician's diagnostic needs.
- Assist the franchisee in selling diagnostic platforms and related products to end-users.
- Visit customers on routes, showing products and working with franchisees and mobile company stores to close sales. Write and sign quotes with end-users.
- Operate mobile showroom, showing product to customers.
- Evaluate and coach franchisees on methods to grow the diagnostic segment of their business.
- Operate mobile showroom van, selling diagnostic products with franchisees and mobile company store managers in order to attain sales, margin and profit targets.
- Maintain accountability for corporate assets in the form of assigned inventory product.
- Operate van in compliance with the Snap-on program.
- Operate van according to DOT regulations and safety guidelines.
- Interact with franchisees, company stores, and FPT members to ensure coordination of programs and policies, and to share best practices.
- Work with FPT members and franchisees to help region meet sales goals.
- Attend sales meetings as required to keep current on diagnostic products and promotions.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Sales or sales management experience and retail experience a plus
- Experience in business and related positions.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to drive 16'x20' vehicle 70-85% of the time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently (below shoulder height), and more than 50 pounds occasionally (using forklift or other lifting device).
- Ability to travel
- Adept at Microsoft Office
Successful completion of Snap-on training programs.
- Product knowledge
- Asset management
- Business operations
- Computer proficiency
The following individual characteristics and competencies are particularly important:
- High energy level and highly motivated
- Results driven – set and achieve goals
- Strong communication skills–interpersonal, relationship building, presentations, verbal/written, listening
- Persuasive and influential
- Customer focused
- Strong core values
- Ability to influence participation
Covered Drivers have the professional obligation to operate vehicles in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and codes. Furthermore, every associate has the moral responsibility to exercise safe conduct, good judgment, and common courtesy toward the general public, motorists, and pedestrians.
- All drivers must be 18 years of age or older, and 21 years of age or older if driving a DOT-regulated truck.
- The driver must possess a valid state driver's license, and must have had it for 36 consecutive months prior to employment.
- The driver must adhere to all interstate and intrastate driver's license requirements for the type of vehicle they are driving.
- The driver must pass initial alcohol and drug tests in accordance with policies prior to hire.
- A candidate considered for employment must produce a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) with no major violations and no more than two minor violations within the last three years prior to hire.
- The driver must be able to read, write and speak the English language.