Requisition Number: SUBST01210
Department: Office of the Clerk
You will serve as a substitute for the Church Administrator and support the use of the church building and Sunday School for church services, public events, employee meetings, guided tours and daily operations. This includes being on-call to handle emergencies as they may come up. The Mother Church membership and Primary Class Instruction are required. Metaphysical poise and confidentiality are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides Church Services support. (75%)
- Supports Readers, Organists, and Soloist with scheduling rehearsals, audio technicians, proofreaders, transportation and making logistical arrangements for substitutes, providing books, supplies and subscriptions, keys, parking vouchers and other needs.
- Supports the potential reopening effort following the COVID-19 pandemic closure of The Mother Church
- Supports Sunday School Superintendent and staff with facilities, furnishings, audio, periodicals, flyers, and scheduling issues.
- Supports the Head Usher Team with music sheets, hymnals, song sheets, Quarterlies, periodicals, flyers, and brochures. Assists with lighting, heating, cooling, plaza signage, and other facilities needs. Support ushers with meeting scheduling, IT and telephone needs.
- Supports church members and other members of the public by anticipating and solving facility related issues for the church services.
- Supports TMC chimer staff by processing stipends, and following-up with chime maintenance issues.
Meeting Support and Other Responsibilities. (25%)
- Coordinates arrangements for furnishings, audio, janitorial services, signage, parking, access and security for departmental meetings, employee meetings, local member meetings, Annual Meeting, rehearsals, and other conferences in the church and Sunday School.
- Obtains needed hymn and solo music copyright permissions.
- Reports music performed in internet church service broadcasts with proper copyright reporting agencies.
- Updates Wednesday and Sunday church service web page with current music performed and other information.
- Anticipates and follows up on maintenance, security, access, safety, and housekeeping needs in the church and Sunday School.
- Responds to public groups and church departments requesting meeting space reservations in the church or Sunday School, with direction of Manager of Local Activities and Church Services or Clerk.
- Manages use of TMC from a facilities perspective, including all events, tours, etc. happening in the buildings.
STAFF MANAGEMENT AND JOB CONTACTSReporting Relationships
Supervisor: Manager of TMC Church Svcs & Local Activities
Supervises: May assist in directing the work of employees in other departments whose work takes place in the churches.
The person in this position regularly interfaces with employees, managers, professionals, contractors, members of the public, TMC Readers, Organists, Soloists, Clerk’s Office personnel, Capital Projects, Fac Help, Cleaning Contractors, the Technology Services Group, Security, the Audio Team, Ushers, Guides, outside contractors, (piano tuners, organ tuners, chauffeur services, etc.), and others
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational or work experience are preferred. Successful experience organizing or coordinating events or meetings is required, and management or supervisory experience is preferred.
The incumbent must have strong interpersonal skills. This individual must have outstanding organizational skills and attentiveness to detail, and good to excellent skills in supervision and oral/written communication. They must show a willingness to learn new technologies and applications to enhance the service capabilities of this position as required. A general working knowledge of facilities and practical experience in dealing with maintenance, utility, security and safety needs is helpful.
The incumbent must be familiar with computers, including Google Docs, Sheets, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Trello, etc. proficiency.
This position is the only position which has a total overview of all the activities that occur in The Mother Church buildings. Therefore, this position impacts the quality of The Mother Church services and activities, and the impression that visitors have of the Church buildings. This position requires late afternoon, evening, weekend, and holiday work.
The person in this position must be able to do extensive walking, climb steps and ladders, open heavy doors, be comfortable with steep heights, and be able to lift 30 pounds or more.
Engagement with Christian Science
Mother Church membership and Primary Class Instruction are required. Metaphysical poise and confidentiality are a must.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.