Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Director within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon – Transaction Strategy and Execution has a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring.
Transaction Strategy and Execution - Customer works on the most complex and high-profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in strategy & operations who are strategic transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities
As a Director in Transaction Strategy and Execution – Customer, you will be a vital member of the team leading and executing transactions. You'll support the customer, commercial and revenue implications during a transaction to realize improved returns by minimizing customer disruption and identifying and unlocking value through improvements in go-to-market strategy, commercial operating model, and optimization of the commercial functions (sales, service, marketing). You will identify, define, quantify, and realize sustainable value through revenue enhancement and cost and margin improvement tied to the commercial aspects of the clients’ business. You will also be focusing on business and practice development as well as developing team members to achieve their career goals.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – lead project teams comprising of colleagues from across the Strategy and Transactions sub service lines.
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- Business Development – support and lead various client pursuits contributing to at least $2M per year in team sales.
- People development – coach and mentor team members to support achievement of their career goals.
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Develop and support thought leadership and intellectual capital.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, or Analytics and 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and 3 years of related work experience.
- Significant M&A management consulting experience.
- Experience in the following:
- Commercial functions (e.g. sales, marketing, customer service, pricing).
- Go-to-market approaches, growth strategy and revenue synergy design/capture.
- Evaluation of market size, competition and commercial operations.
- Designing and executing clean rooms.
- Experience leading and managing in complex business environments.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with deep commercial and transaction consulting experience in our core focus sectors of consumer goods, retail, life sciences, and technology. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.