Strategic Business Development Partner, SaaS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate to engage with AWS partners developing SaaS solutions on AWS. Your job will be to engage with these partners to transform their product portfolio to SaaS solutions developed on AWS. The role will play a critical role in the AWS SaaS Factory program which provides a broad range of business and technical enablement resources for building, migrating, and optimizing software-as-a-service (SaaS) on AWS.
As a senior leader in the partner team, you will have the opportunity to drive C-level and product leader relationships with partners developing SaaS solutions and with the AWS field organization, influencing and guiding the development and launch of SaaS solutions built on AWS. By establishing and growing business through depth partner engagements, speaking opportunities and content development you will be responsible for influencing and accelerating SaaS solution development on AWS.
You will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as an operational and product management background that enables them to influence and provide expertise to teams building SaaS solutions. The candidate is expected to have an understanding of the fundamentals of SaaS from a business and technology perspective and the broader transformation that needs to occur for organizations to be successful. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges within multiple technology segments as well as the capacity to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with cloud and SaaS concepts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
We are looking for an individual contributor (IC) who will be responsible for:
· Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology initiatives.
· Serve as a key member of the global SaaS Factory team in helping to define and deliver the overall strategy for the team and focused partner engagement.
· Work closely with partners to deliver and support depth project engagements supporting partner needs and engagement milestones and deliverables.
· Work to develop core content for partner SaaS enablement and maintain a rhythm of publishing in line with team objectives.
· Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with our solution architects and the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Identify and deliver content for key internal and external 3rd party speaking engagements related to SaaS on AWS.
· Work closely with Solution Architects, AWS Product teams to support partner product development on AWS.
· Set and manage targets and work with your team, each partner and AWS field organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
· Create and execute the team's business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
· Create and execute operational rigor including territory management, account management, and business reviews (internal/external)
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 5+ years working for a global technology company
· Experience with cloud infrastructure and AWS
· Experience working across internal and external organizations
· Experience at an AWS Technology Partner that offers SaaS Solutions
· Experience leading a SaaS-focused Organization
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records